If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Vista then the shipped version of BinaryAssetBuilder with the Red Alert 3 Mod SDK will crash when trying to build your RA3 mod.
Nevermind. Here is a 64-bit friendly version.
BinaryAssetBuilder_x64.zip (13.0 KiB, 1,662 hits)
If you’ve just installed Red Alert 3 on Windows 7 then you may be presented with a simple black screen on startup, that just freezes there.
- Navigate to the Data folder, ie. C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Red Alert 3/Data
- Rename the Movies folder to “Movies.renamed”
- Start up the game
- Set your resolution to the same as your desktop
- Apply the settings and quit the game
- Rename the Movies directory back to “Movies”
- Start up the game and it should work